An elderly woman has died in Nalerigu in the North East Region, after she was beaten over suspicions of witchcraft.
The deceased, identified as Mma Rukaya, moved to the area from Janga, in the same region, because of similar accusations.
Speaking to Citi News on the matter, a resident of Nalerigu, Jonathan Nabila, said, “those who beat up the woman claimed she was a witch from Janga.”
“They beat her there [at Janga] then she came to Nalerigu and settled here two years ago. The youth followed up and came here to Nalierigu and beat her to death,” he added.
According to him, her assailants beat her with sticks and canes.
- Hajia4Reall massive causes stir with swimming pool dance video [watch]
- Latest Administrative Changes At The Ghana Education Service; All Teachers Must Take Note And Stay Abreast Of The Changes
- Sad News As Death Hit Afia Schwarzenegger
- Man cries after seeing his girlfriend on TV3’s Date Rush show telling the whole world she’s single
- Education Minister Announces When Newly Qualified Teachers Should Expect Their Postings And What To Do Next
“After they beat her, she collapsed. She wasn’t even taken to the hospital when she passed away,” Mr. Nabila added.
The victim’s family came for the body and buried her on Sunday.
Police are yet to comment on this incident.