On Boxing Day, December 26, 2021, a 27-year-old man by the name Kwame Buckman was stabbed to death for proposing love to his rival’s girlfriend at Dwease close to Konongo in the Ashanti Region.
According to a report by Myjoyonline.com, the suspect, Pius Osei Kankam had a confrontation with the deceased over why he proposed to his girlfriend.
“They fought because of the girl. Buckman, the suspect, doesn’t hail from here, he lives at Praso, the next town.
He came here with the intention of killing him, that is why he had a knife on him,” a resident told JoyNews.
“Buckman proposed to his girlfriend, so yesterday [Sunday, December 26] the girl identified him to the suspect and that triggered the fight,” he added.
The two were part of a number of merrymakers on a Boxing Day drinking spree at a local drinking spot.
Read More Related Stories below;
- Hajia4Reall massive causes stir with swimming pool dance video [watch]
- Latest Administrative Changes At The Ghana Education Service; All Teachers Must Take Note And Stay Abreast Of The Changes
- Sad News As Death Hit Afia Schwarzenegger
- Man cries after seeing his girlfriend on TV3’s Date Rush show telling the whole world she’s single
- Education Minister Announces When Newly Qualified Teachers Should Expect Their Postings And What To Do Next
Father of the deceased, Kofi Mensah is distraught over the incident that led to the death of his son.
Narrating what led to his son’s death to JoyNews, he said: “We were home when I was told that my son had been stabbed. When I came, he had been rushed to the hospital. He was pronounced dead on arrival. I have been crying the whole night.”
The suspect is in the custody of the Konongo Police, as well as the lady in the centre of the controversy